Pick Your Poison

วัดเผา (Wạd p̄heā)

My chapel's fallen and I couldn't be happier.
It burned away so fast,
I could hardly imagine what it looked like
when you were destroyed inside.

So hot that I could barely sit in its light,
the flames spun in cylindrical euphoria;
the absolution that nothing could survive the roaring fire
gave me strength to not run in
and save you from totality.

But heat could never fill the scarred valleys within
my heart, so you persist
in a parallel existence,
so real in your illusion.

They've taken away that person in a blaze of glory
but they left a mess behind.

Hopeless to look away,
I saw the structure in all its awe
simply crumble in the massive blaze.

And now it smells like smoke
whenever your name is uttered;
it reminds me to reflect on this new utopia I've found
where sex and water are in shared company
and my mind is reborn in the moments
that I conduct the symphony of love
surrounding my demeanor.

No more heavy thrills till my back is healed,
next time it wont leave me bent;
you stomped my sand into dust without concern
but you could have never known:
I can breath in this air,
and fight in such heat,
follow swiftly the tail that beckons me,
dance atop reality,
and pounce on the hearts of the concerned.