Pick Your Poison

Alt + F4

I see you;
not the facade of kindness and concern that you display for anyone else,
not the 'peace and happiness' herbal shaman-in-the-making,
but the you that flows beneath the skin:
I see you;
entitlement is your burden, it will bind you to this existence for eternity.
Judgemental spite will be your undoing
for you are your own worst enemy.
You can do as well as you want in this segment of your life,
but nothing will protect you from the beast that slumbers within;
the advancement of your age will inevitably weaken the cage in which it lies
until it bursts forth irretrievably into the valley of your precious delights.
I will no longer look upon you with these open eyes,
at least not with any concern
as to what it is that I perceive.
I will look right through you
and hope that I am wrong.